- 250g pork fillet, chopped into 4cm cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- Approx 12 green chillies
- For the marinade
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Tabasco® Habanero or 2 tbsp Tabasco® Original Red
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf, finely chopped or crumbled if dry
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Add the pork and stir until coated. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate overnight or for 2-3 hours.
When ready to cook, lightly oil the skewers and skewer the meat, onion and chillies alternately.
Grill over a medium heat for 10 minutes, rotating every so often until a golden colour is achieved and the juices run clear.
Serve with pita bread and salad.